It’s never easy getting yourself fitted into a bodycon dress. But with good shapewear, you can wear as many bodycon dresses as you want. This article features the best shapewear for bodycon dresses.
Here you’ll find shapewear with tummy control, minimizing cups, and butt-lifting. You can also find shapewear by lengths, Such as high-waist, boyshorts, or mid-thigh length. You will also find shapewear with or without straps here.
Shapewear does more than hide your bra bulges. It gives you a curvy and flattering shape that looks perfect in bodycon dresses. If you buy shapewear with proper support, you don’t even need to wear a bra. It effectively hides panty lines, flattens the tummy, and does a lot more!
Table of Content
- Top 10 Shapewear for Bodycon Dresses
- 9. Bali Passion Comfort Minimizer Bodysuit – Best Minimizing Shapewear
- 8. SPANX Shapewear High-Waisted Power Shorts – Best Muffin-top Shapewear
- 7. ShaperX Tummy Control Zipper Shapewear – Best Zipper Shapewear
- 6. Curvi Shapewear Underwire Body Slimmer Shapewear – Best Underwire Shapewear
- 5. Maidenform Sleek Smoothers Hi-Waist Shapewear – Best Comfortable Shapewear
- 4. Arabella Women’s Firm Control Seamless Slip Shapewear – Best Flexible Shapewear
- 3. Nebility Women Butt Lifter Hi-Waist Shapewear – Best Tummy Control Shapewear
- 2. SPANX Women’s Thinstincts Open-Bust Mid-Thigh Bodysuit – Best Mid-thigh Shapewear
- 1. Maidenform Flexees Shapewear Romper – Top Choice
- Complete Guide of the Best Shapewear for Bodycon Dresses
- Factors That Matter the Most When Choosing Shapewear
- Most Important Tips for Choosing the Best Shapewear
- Commonly Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Top 10 Shapewear for Bodycon Dresses
9. Bali Passion Comfort Minimizer Bodysuit – Best Minimizing Shapewear
It’s one of the best comfortable shapewear you can buy. No pinching, no binding, and no tugging. It wraps around your body effortlessly. Shaping and smoothening out all bulges.
The fabric offers a bit more firmness and compression. But you can control this easily as it is adjustable. The padding is thick and breathable. And it features an underwire for better bust support.
The padding around the cups does not enhance the size of your breasts. In fact, they are perfect for reducing your breast size. If you want your body to comfortably slide under a bodycon dress. Then this is the shapewear you need to buy.
- Lightweight and seamless construction.
- Supportive, double-layer cups.
- Improves posture and body movements.
- None so far.
8. SPANX Shapewear High-Waisted Power Shorts – Best Muffin-top Shapewear
So it offers breathability, compression, and firmness. It’s seamless shapewear with an elastic waistband. The waistband ensures that the shapewear doesn’t lift up. Whether you’re standing, walking, or sitting down.
It goes all the way up your waistline for a tighter fit. So it has targetted shaping for tummy control. While also keeping your figure curvy and smooth. The fabric is easy to pull on. It holds everything in place and smoothens out bulges.
The thigh section is tight and smooth. With a split crotch that lets you go to the bathroom comfortably and effortlessly. Something to think about buying for post-surgery use as well.
- Protective and cushiony fit.
- Extra supportive and comfortable to wear.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- It’s tighter from the thighs for bigger sizes.
7. ShaperX Tummy Control Zipper Shapewear – Best Zipper Shapewear
This shapewear has a non-slip and adjustable fit. It’s made of spandex so it’s tight and effective at compression. The lace accents, black design, and adjustable straps. All these features complement each other very well.
The open-bust area is well-supported. It has a double closure design which provides twice the compression. It also offers effective shaping that goes well with bodycon dresses. So no bulges, folds, and wrinkles.
If you’re looking for something with better back support, go for this shapewear. It feels soft and comfortable enough to wear under normal clothes too. It’s sexy, breathable, and long-lasting.
- The best girdle construction.
- Ideal for post-surgical use.
- It reduces waistline and tucks tummy.
- Order for a size larger than usual.
6. Curvi Shapewear Underwire Body Slimmer Shapewear – Best Underwire Shapewear
The fabric of this shapewear is light and soft. The bust has an underwire for better support. The underwire also offers better shaping to your breasts. So if you want your breasts to look round and fuller, go for this shapewear.
The silicone lining prevents the shapewear from slipping off. So it keeps the material in place to avoid rolling. The straps are flattering to look at. Making it possible for you to also wear a sleeveless bodycon dress over it.
The padded bra, shiny and smooth fabric, and tight fit. These features give the perfect hourglass and curvy illusion for bodycon dresses.
- The elastic at the bottom is supportive.
- Adjustable and sleek straps.
- Supportive and true to size.
- The underwire may feel stiff.
5. Maidenform Sleek Smoothers Hi-Waist Shapewear – Best Comfortable Shapewear
You can wear it under any outfit you like. Especially bodycon dresses that need that extra support. If you’re looking for something foolproof and effective, go for Maidenform. It’s a reputable brand so it knows what you like.
The size chart is accurate so you don’t have to worry about finding the exact size. It’s a combination of style and functionality. And the customer reviews vouch for its superb and long-lasting firmness.
Because this shapewear has no rigid structure, it’s quite flexible. There is no boning so it can stretch to accommodate bigger sizes. For example, if you have a bigger tummy, go one size up for better compression.
- Thick and firm fabric.
- Easy to take off throughout the day.
- The crotch is stretchable and soft.
- None so far.
4. Arabella Women’s Firm Control Seamless Slip Shapewear – Best Flexible Shapewear
Such shapewear choices are popular and affordable. If you want a more customized fit with no hook-and-eye closure. Then this slip shapewear is for you. It comes in a thick material that offers incredible compression.
The top, middle, and bottom area are tight but soft. It’s a non-slip slip which means it won’t bunch up or ride up. Whether you’re at dinner or a party, it stays in one place without causing a fuss.
The fabric is machine wash which is also a huge advantage. Standard shapewear does not bode well with machine washing. So they need extra care and attention. But not this best shapewear for bodycon dresses.
- Firm and high-level compression.
- The straps are supportive and adjustable.
- The length is great for bodycon dresses.
- It may feel a bit too tight around the hips.
3. Nebility Women Butt Lifter Hi-Waist Shapewear – Best Tummy Control Shapewear
You may want to try out such shapewear because it’s impressively supportive. A great choice for light-colored bodycon dresses you’re too shy to wear. The polyester and spandex fit gives you a firm and flexible fit.
The backside also has a butt-lifting feature that most women simply adore. It gives you a natural, hour-glass curve. Starting from a flatter stomach all the way down to rounder, and fuller buttocks.
The fabric is breathable for up to 24 hours. It cushions your skin to keep it from sweating and feeling hot. So the fabric stays cool on the outside and inside.
- It corrects standing and sitting posture.
- Seamless shaper with tummy control.
- No pulling or tugging.
- Make sure you buy your exact size.
2. SPANX Women’s Thinstincts Open-Bust Mid-Thigh Bodysuit – Best Mid-thigh Shapewear
Spanx is a tough competition. It offers comfortable and smooth cushioning. You’d be surprised to know that such a thin fabric can offer such amazing features. The “Thinstincts” refers to soft and breathable support.
This bodysuit is light and seamless. It doesn’t bind or bunch up in one place. The legs do not roll-up. And the straps sit comfortably on your shoulders. Another unexpected benefit is the non-slip fabric. This means the fabric doesn’t slide down even though it’s open-bust.
Overall, this is a tempting bodysuit for bodycon dresses. It’s light, comfortable, and smooth. The straps stay in place and do not show – even in sleeveless dresses.
- It offers exceptional compression.
- The shoulder straps stay in one place.
- The legs don’t roll or ride up.
- None so far.
1. Maidenform Flexees Shapewear Romper – Top Choice
The nylon and elastane fit is easy to hand wash and dry. It works as an everyday romper too for body support. The wide straps stay in place and add extra support. So your chest and back hold up in a better posture.
The legs are non-binding which means they are soft and flexible. The thing about such shapewear is that they really enhance the shape of the body. Whether you want to wear for only a couple of hours or a long event. It feels light, firm, and soft.
The fabric really smoothens everything out. You can even wear this shapewear to work. Sitting in front of a desk for hours? You can stay comfy and well-supported in this shapewear. Your work outfits just got a whole new style to fall back on.
- Lightweight feel and firm tummy control.
- Easy to use hook-and-eye closure.
- The legs do not ride up.
- The straps are too wide-set for sleeveless dresses.
Complete Guide of the Best Shapewear for Bodycon Dresses
They should be called wonder-garments instead of undergarments. Simply because these wonder-pieces have the ability to make your natural figure look smooth and shaped. No matter what type of dress or outfit you choose to wear!
Bodycon Dresses – What Are They?
The trend of bodycon dresses came about during the ‘90s. And still continues to share the limelight with the current fashion and trends.
A bodycon dress clings to the natural curves of your body. It is a figure-hugging dress after all. And, more often than not, it’s designed with a heavy or weighty fabric. That performs the job of pulling you in while also smoothing out your beautiful bumps and lumps.
Bodycon dresses come in various styles, sizes, and shapes. For example, plunging necklines, cut-outs, lace detailing, and lots more. But the common denominator here is that the fit is tight i.e. body-hugging.
Also, the best part about bodycon dresses is that they’re a very stylish choice for women of all shapes and sizes. As long as you’re comfortable wearing one, with or without shapewear, you can easily pull off this fashion staple.
Bodycon Dresses – Can They Make You Look Slimmer?
Now you should know that a bodycon dress hugs the natural shape of your body. So if you’re a curvy woman, a figure-hugging or tight dress is surely going to show those curves. And not slim them down, unless you know what to wear under a clingy dress. Bodycon dresses, no doubt, accentuate the shape of your body. They don’t make you look slimmer.
Nevertheless, these types of dresses look extremely flattering on plus-size women. Precisely because they tend to highlight the curves rather than obscuring your natural shape. On the contrary, a dress that fits loose only ends up making you look bigger. As for the bodycon version, it clings to your body to flaunt your body type.
Just make sure you have the right shapewear on underneath. But that’s only if you want to smooth out your fatty areas. Speaking of which, here’s a video that might help…
Factors That Matter the Most When Choosing Shapewear
Shapewear, as you already know, is available in all kinds of shapes and sizes. In fact, even the blend of materials used is not the same in every scenario. So now that you’ve got so many options to select from, how do you narrow down your search?
You keep in mind the most important factors…
- The shape of the undergarment.
- The materials used for the construction of the shapewear.
- How firm and, at the same time, stretchy the bodysuit is.
- And lastly, the color of the shapewear.
When these four crucial factors are kept in mind. And when you choose based on these particular features, you cannot go wrong with your purchase.
After all, shapewear is supposed to fit your needs and personal preferences. Not the other way around, even if there’s a sea of options to choose from. With so many styles out there, it becomes only easier for you to find something that works for your specific concerns.
Most Important Tips for Choosing the Best Shapewear
1. Stick to Your Size
If you think you should size down to make your body look slimmer, then you’re wrong. A smaller size doesn’t provide any extra firmness. It only gives rise to bulges as well as discomfort. So going a size down is bound to make your body shape look even bigger.
So choose based on your actual size. And if you’re in between two sizes, then select the bigger one.
2. Go for High-Waist Shapewear for Tummy Control
There are high-waist shorts, tights, and even briefs that travel all the way to your torso. And these do an excellent job of smoothing out the covered region. And that is if you want to banish your tummy bulge or muffin top.
Some you can even hook up with your bra. This way they keep from slipping down.
3. Choose a Bodysuit for All-over Shaping
But if your priority is to shape your entire plus-size figure. That includes minimizing the appearance of larger breasts. And also tucking in your belly fat and smoothing out hips and buttocks. In that case, nothing works better than a bodysuit.
Such styles are equipped with and without a bra. You can choose the bra-free version if you already have a proper-fitting, minimizer, supportive bra.
4. Level of Constriction
The shapewear often tells you, on its packaging, what level of compression or constriction it offers. And the thing that decides that is the blend of materials used. That said, nylon is the best fabric when it comes to altering the shape. Meaning a higher nylon content means the undergarment provides greater shaping.
Also, heavier shapewear styles feature compression zones. No doubt, these are better in terms of transforming the shape of your body. As for the lighter weight ones, they’re just designed for smoothing out targeted areas.
5. Look for a Cotton Blend for Breathability
More often than not, shapewear is designed with a blend of spandex and nylon. As is obvious, both of these fabrics are synthetic, which is great for colder climates. That means not such a suitable option for warmer weather.
So it’s best to narrow down your search to pieces that have cotton listed. Because what lightweight, breathable cotton does is keep you cool in hot weather. At the same time, provide insulation in cold weather.
Also, its breathability and moisture-absorption matter a lot if you’re a sweaty person wearing shapewear.
Commonly Asked Questions
How to Hide Belly Fat In Bodycon Dresses?
Here are the most effective quick tips highly likely to get the job done…
- Always wear a tight fit and stay away from loose clothing.
- Make sure the dress you choose to wear is single-colored.
- Pay attention to the shape of the dress. Vertical stripes, in that context, create a slimming, less round silhouette. Plus, they make you look taller.
- Go for slightly longer dresses, such as below-the-knee length.
- Don’t shy away from bodycon skirts. As long as the fabric is thick or the color is dark, you keep from highlighting your problematic areas.
- Wearing compression-equipped undergarments goes a long way. The best example, needless to say, is the best shapewear for bodycon dresses.
How to Look Good In Bodycon Dresses?
If you want to look good in your fancy bodycon dress, then here are some dos and don’ts you might want to keep in mind…
Don’t forget to wear shapewear. No matter what body type you are, shapewear knows how to flatten the tummy, smooth out bulges, and conceal panty lines.
Do choose bodycon dresses made of thicker materials. It goes without saying that a thicker fabric gives you a more structured, streamlined silhouette. So avoid super-clingy, thin materials.
Don’t over-accessorize. Allow your dress to be the highlight of the show.
Do flaunt your best feature. Now, this could be your collarbones (strapless dress), toned arms (sleeveless dress), or long legs (above-the-knee-length dress). Whatever you think your best feature is, show it off in a bodycon dress.
Shapewear is essential when you want to wear bodycon dresses. Based on your own body measurements, you can find the perfect fit for you.
The Maidenform Flexees Shapewear Romper is a top-performing choice. It has the ideal size, material, and fit for shapewear. It has a flattering style for any body type.
If you’re looking to invest in high-quality shapewear, this is exactly where you need to be. Buying shapewear for the first time can be challenging. But with the help of this article, you’re halfway there!